Thursday, July 13, 2017

Income/Expenses: June 2017

This post is a little late, and I have to keep it short unfortunately.  But I wanted to post it before I fell too far behind and missed it!

I'll cut right to the chase:

General Thoughts on INCOME:
1) Income was thankfully very high this month due to somewhat of a 'bonus' at work.

General Thoughts on EXPENSES:
1) Expenses were also high thanks to 'travel', which was mostly just two flights from NY to Seattle, hotel/car, etc. to go on our family cruise to Alaska that I mentioned in an earlier article.  It was a blast, but definitely pricey. 

2) And I know shopping appears very high, as well.  Some of you may be thinking - "this guy spends money like crazy. What are you thinking!" But literally it was only 3 purchases, and none of them were "fun": 1) new military uniforms for work ($775, and was a mandatory purchase),  2) a race registration for the Army 10miler ($70 I think), and 3) printer ink. lol. See? Nothing really fun or exciting, but $876 spent nonetheless! Ouch. The uniforms were the significant bulk of the costs, and all were required for my job.

Well, unfortunately I have to go. I'm happy with our overall savings rate this month of about 40%, and I've updated my Savings tab, above.  We knew the uniforms and cruise were going to be expensive, so we tried to not spend really anywhere else.  Of course, all of the surplus went towards debt repayment.  Yep, still doing that. Ugh!

Thanks for reading!

Dan

17 comments:

  1. Congrats on the dividend income. $700 is very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks IH! It was all reinvested, so all I saw was the results on paper, lol!

      Delete
  2. I don't know much about to the military but I didn't realized they make you pay for the dress uniforms. Maybe someday the gov will realized free clothes are a price well paid for ones life.
    Congrats on the dividends. Way more than me.
    Cheers,
    DFG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, thanks DFG. They do a lot to acknowledge our service, and the American people are also great, so I don't mind. Keep in touch!

      Delete
  3. Hey Dan,

    Thank you for your service. I thought the military gives you a uniform allowance? Anyway, even with your expenses, you're still able to save 40%, so that's pretty impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for your service. we don't do enough for you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Online Earning Source | Incomepoint The One and Only Freelance Job Training Institute In Bangladesh. passive income

    ReplyDelete
  6. Incomepoint The One and Only Freelance Job Training Institute In Bangladesh.
    passive income

    ReplyDelete
  7. Incomepoint The One and Only Freelance Job Training Institute In Bangladesh
    passive income

    ReplyDelete
  8. Learn how to build an online business using smart passive income. Find Pat's podcasts, tutorials, videos, and other how-to articles on growing your business

    ReplyDelete
  9. As with non-passive income, passive income is usually taxable; however it is often treated differently by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Portfolio income is ..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Incomepoint The One and Only passive income Training Institute In Bangladesh

    ReplyDelete
  11. Passive Income Streams - how to make passive income - Bankrate.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think passive incomepoint is the only reliable organization in Bangladesh. Thank you so much for you good service.

    ReplyDelete
  13. There is a simple way that you can make more money now with just a Blank CC, all that you need to do is to contact this email: phantomghostatmhacker101@yahoo.com they also offer other types of geek services.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete