Saturday, August 19, 2017

Income/Expenses: July 2017

I'm getting rather sloppy with my income/expenses reports, but hey, that's life sometimes and I want to ensure the data is at least "logged" so I can reflect back on it and keep a record of what's been occurring throughout the year.  Again, I'll cut right to the chase:


General Thoughts on INCOME:
1) Income was thankfully high this month due to somewhat of a 'bonus' at work.  This is the last one of those for awhile.  I expect my side/job bonus category to shrink and my actual job income to increase slightly, at least for a few months before it falls back off again to about where it is now.

General Thoughts on EXPENSES:
1) Expenses were also high thanks to "shopping" and "everything else", which really just entailed some travel (~$100), a pair of shoes for work ($100), some exercise/weight lifting supplements for my wife and me ($180), and some smaller purchases.  We tend to make bulk purchases on protein and other nutritional items every few months or so.  Overall though, I'm happy to have kept expenses mostly in check.

Well, I'm going to conclude rather early with this post as well. I''ll just say that I am happy with our overall savings rate this month of about 30%, and I've updated my Savings tab, above.  

Finally - I'll spill the beans now: I had to take on about $15,000 worth of new debt from my dad (at 6% interest) to pay for my portion of the downpayment for my recent NC rental property purchase.  I had mentioned that I would be cosigning and not have to put any money in the house, but some things changed and so I had to come up with about 30% of the downpayment - which I didn't have.  So I had to borrow again. I know I'm due for an article on this purchase, and I'll be trying to pay this new debt off for the next few months if I can, but I'm feeling rather stretched at the moment, despite the increases in passive income, which were clearly evident in June and July with back to back record months. Ugh! But I guess that is all part of it.

Thanks for reading!

Dan

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dan,
    A Savings Rate of 31% is pretty nice - hopefully you're able to start paying down the 6% loan. It will certainly be a nice feeling when it's paid off!
    Best wishes,
    -DL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Div Life! Yea having debt interest work against you is never good. I intend to tackle it as quickly as I can!

      Delete