Saturday, July 2, 2016

Passive Income Report: JAN 2016

Welcome! This is my first of many Monthly Progress Reviews.

I intend to publish these reports every month in the first week of the following month.  In each passive income post I will list a  summary of all dividends I received, the rental income I received, the online income I received, and any purchases I made from that particular month.

This monthly report covers January 2016.  

I hope you enjoy these posts and that we can learn how to grow our passive income streams and build real long-term wealth together! 

Read More to see how I earned $334.57 this month in passive income!


Dividends Received
I received dividends from two companies this month: Annaly Capital and Prospect Capital.  January is one of my smallest months with dividends, as you can see! But hey, $57.57 buys you about two full tanks of gas, so I will take it!  Listed below are the details for each:

*Annaly Capital Management (NLY) - $25.49
*Prospect Capital (PSEC) - $32.08

Total Dividend Income Received: $57.57

Rental Income Received
 I currently have two rental properties, my Missouri Rental and my Colorado Rental.  Listed below is the cash flow they provided this month:

Missouri Rental: ($-57)
Colorado Rental: $334

Total Rental Income Received: $277

*The Missouri rental had a $100 water heater repair expense that made my cash flow negative for the month.  Thankfully having multiple properties helps offset some of these costs!

**From the two rentals, I also experienced an 'equity paydown ' of $915 which is not accounted for in the above numbers.  This is another reason why rental properties are incredible investments!

***I did not receive any online income from the month.

Therefore, for the month of January, Total Passive Income Received: $334.57

Purchases
I made a lot of purchases this month, as is my normal routine for starting off the year, mostly contributing to our Roth IRAs.  This is not the norm for purchase activity per month by any means, as you'll see in future posts.  Still, in January I am usually pretty active deploying new capital:

My Roth IRA:
Vanguard 500 Index (VFIAX): $600
Vanguard Star (VGSTX): $270
Vanguard Wellington (VWELX): $781.98
Vanguard Target Retirement 2045 (VTIVX): $858
Vanguard Emerging Markets (VEIEX): $240.24

Wife Roth IRA:
Vanguard Target Retirement 2045 (VTIVX): $1000
Duke Energy (DUK): 38 shares at $71.29
Pfizer (PFE): 60 shares at $31.61

As I close this post, I am reminded again how thankful I am for all of the blessings in my life.  With the addition of January's income to my Progress Tab I now have earned $334.57 this year in passive income. $334 is a great start to the year I think, and I only expect it to grow over time.

Well, that's all for now.  As always, I appreciate your thoughts and insight.

Thanks for reading,

Passive Income Dude 



No comments:

Post a Comment