Friday, November 4, 2016

Passive Income Report: October 2016

It is time again for my Monthly Progress Review.

In each progress review I will list a summary of all dividends I received, the rental income I received, and any purchases I made from that particular month.

This monthly report covers October 2016.  

I hope you enjoy these posts and that we can learn how to grow our passive income streams and build real long-term wealth together! 

Read More to see how I earned $470 this month in passive income,

Dividends Received
I received dividends from only two of my smaller holdings this month:

Annaly Capital and Prospect Capital.  Listed below are the details for each:


Rental Income Received
I currently have two rental properties, my Missouri Rental and my Colorado Rental.  Listed below is the cash flow they provided this month:


Purchases
No purchases this month.  I am getting closer to having zero "bad debt" (which I consider to be basically anything but fixed rate mortgage debt), but I still have a ways to go. Paying down all of this debt has become such a slow, arduous road, to be honest - one that I cannot wait to get off of and then jump onto the other side of the equation, the 'purchases' road! Bottom line - I do not expect any purchases until January of next year.

Thoughts on this Month
This was a great month (...basically maximized...) for rental income, but was a very weak month for dividend income.  With only two smaller positions paying out, I didn't receive that much in dividends (comparatively), and I wasn't able to do any options activity that made sense to help boost this number.  But that's ok! $72 is still movement in the right direction.

Therefore, for this month, Total Passive Income Received: $470.  


But the major highlight I would like to make for this month is the following: 

With only two months to go in 2016, I am at $5601 total received for this year, which is only 56% of my goal of $10,000 for the year.  I think it is safe to assume at this point that I am not going to reach my goal (most likely).  BUT! I will in fact get closer than many people may assume from my current total. Mutual funds are the bulk of my portfolio and their payouts are irregular compared to individual stocks.  Stay with me, and we will see.

As always, I appreciate your thoughts and insight.  

Thanks for reading,

Passive Income Dude 




9 comments:

  1. 470 is a good amount of passive income. If you don't hit this years goal you reset and try again next year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks DivandHobbies. I actually still think there is a chance I can hit my goal. Mutual funds pay out ST and LT capital gains so the expected number is almost impossible (for me at least) to calculate. I am very excited to see where the year-end total lands. I think there is a shot for $9.5-10.5k. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Passive income at its finest. Dividends plus rent. What's not to like? Do you ever track how much work (hours) you do in any given month managing your properties? I know many who don't want to get involved with real estate at all because of the perceived headache in managing property. I am a renter so would appreciate real world insight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Keith, thanks for the comment! I actually don't track how many hours I put in with the rental properties. And to be honest the reason why I don't is because I hardly spend any hours most months. Like for exacmple, this month, was zero. And when I do have some work required, it is probably less than 2hrs per month. Both of my properties are under property management so that really keeps my requirements close to zero. If they weren't managed, my work would definitely increase (but so would my cash flow..to the tune of close to $300 more per month), but that's ok. What's your reason for renting, currently?

      Delete
  3. Great work PID!
    $470 is almost exactly what I made for October.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Divi Cents! Yea you've been crushing it man. Very excited for your progress and love your site.

      Delete
  4. Great work man, I'm curious where your Missouri property is since that's where I live. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks CD. I'll tell you it is west of St. Louis! I'm sure you can understand my reasoning for using that as a reference. There are a lot of great rental property options in MO. Though not as many good property managers (at least I've found).

      Delete